Tuesday, May 7, 2013

"Shut the front door," these will blow your doors off!

Your front door is the first thing that your guests see before they enter your house and the last thing unwanted solicitors see when you shut it in their face. Point is, make an impression with it! Our house is black and white. Perfect opportunity for a bold red door. I'm not talking about your grandma's maroon color red. I'm talking "Rave Red" by Sherwin Williams! Boom! "Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya"... I really need to stop posting at wine o'clock!





What I love about this red is that it looks great with green and bright yellow! It also just so happens to be a great color to put a brass knocker on the door to give it that classic, but very trendy pop of gold we are seeing everywhere. I know some of the neighbors were doubting... I saw some slow cruise-bys when I painted my first swipe, but I hope it has grown on them as I love it and it's here to stay for a bit!:)

Here are some other great pop color options for a bold and colorful front door! It's spring people! This is an easy, changeable, update that can make a huge difference in breathing some life into the exterior of your house! 

All images below via: Pinterest, "front door color" search











You may want to avoid the Home Owner's Association for a bit but hot pink is cool:)!! OK maybe not as much a Midwest thing....



If bold isn't your thing but you still want a great color option then these are all very unique but not quite as daring!










Still not sure about how to choose a color that fits your house?! Ask me, maybe I can help!! ...Ah color, it just makes you feel better about yourself! 

Enjoy & Cheers! {Laura}

8 comments:

  1. Haha, wine o'clock! I've had a few of those post writing experiences ;)
    I'd love to paint mine too but I think that would brake a neighorhood rule. I might just have to brake the law one day ;) Love, the red, orange and mint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know! I figured do now ask later:) I would love to pull off a bright color other than red. The orange and mint would be riskier bc you just don't see that as much!

      Delete
  2. Too many choices, how do you decide? I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to. It may look busy to do them all though! LOL

      Delete
  3. Love the bright colored ones!! Says the girl with the black front door :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilarious! You better not, than you would have to change your whole identity!!

      Delete
  4. My front entrance officially sucks! I need more color out there. So much eye candy here. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made this kind of fascinating piece to peruse, giving each subject illumination for us to grab learning. A debt of gratitude is to ensure that imparting the such data to us to peruse thiscustom front door handles

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...