Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Boys Dresser Make Over

A few weeks ago I posted a few projects that are one the "to do" list before the hectic summer calendar takes over. Here is the post if you missed it. My son's dresser was one of the projects I mentioned and I'm happy to report that it is officially crossed of the list! 



Just as a reminder, here is what is looked like before:



I used a hand sander, paintable wood filler and latex paint for the make over. I started by sanding down the entire dresser and drawers. 



This is an old veneered dresser and the top had several areas where the veneer was bubbled. 


I cut those areas out with a straight edge and added the paintable wood filler. 


I also filled the original hardware holes with the same wood filler. Once it dried, I sanded it smooth. 



I used latex paint and a small roller for the smooth surfaces and a brush for the detailed areas. It took about 3 or 4 coats of paint, but the result was worth it!



Project #1 is off the list! {Erin}

11 comments:

  1. love i! the hardware is the perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! I love the white and yellow contrast! Really great design choice! Good luck with the rest of the list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! I'm working on the second one now!!

      Delete
  3. Love the contrasting colors and the hardware is fabulous. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh! Totally awesome! I liked it before but now it is much more graphic and so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohhh....this is very impressive- a complete transformation. I love the colors and hardware that you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dresser is gorgeous. I love the new hardware too. Thanks for much for sharing your tips on how to fix the damaged wood.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...