Monday, February 4, 2013

My "sacred" moment

2013 family resolution, get back to church. We were on a role for awhile and then we had baby #3 and took a hiatus for, well, 4 years:) We are back though! Last Sunday we listened to a guest speaker talk about discovering your most "sacred"  moment in life. Several moments came to my head; marriage, birth, graduation etc. And honestly I didn't think much more about it until I was looking at some pictures later in the week and came across this one. I've seen it a thousand times but this time just cried, that deep in your gut cry. I knew it, this was it. Right there, captured in this picture snapped in the baby house one of the days visiting Harris.



Then, of course, I had a mother's guilt... I have been given three very special gifts and each one have felt like a sacred moment. After thinking about it almost all day, I realized that this was a moment that not only changed who I was going to be going forward, but was the experience that challenged every bit of who I had become thus far. It was a pure fearless, uninhibited leap of faith. The kind that your heart controls, not your mind and especially not my crazy type A mind:) It was a different kind of leap of fate than marriage, when you are committing yourself to the person you have loved through a part of your life already. At 25 it was the bravest thing I had ever done, although I don't think I realized that until just the other day. And finally it was just pure and utter joy and fulfillment. The kind I might have missed if I would have experienced having a child the way I planned in my mind since the beginning of time. It was the first time I turned my head away from the closed door behind me, so that I could realize there was an open door right in front of me.

Everyday Harris reminds me to look forward. He represents faith, heart in your hand love and the possibility that fate always wins.





Had to put this one in. This is the first couple hours Harris was home. We put him down on a pillow and gave him his bottle. Newman, came up, layed down and nudged one paw under Harris's back and the other on top of his foot:)



Hope you enjoyed! {Laura} 


















1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...