Monday, January 13, 2014

UPDATE: Living Room Reno!


Now that the elves have gone back to the North Pole and the Arctic Vortex has subsided, it's time to get back on track with projects. (Uh, and exercise, since I feel like I'm pushing the outer limits of my yoga pants!) I have made some progress on my living room renovations that I posted about in November (Ah! Blasphemy. What is taking me so long?!) But in all honesty, once I got the painters out, the holidays took over and then mother nature! (and on the 23rd day, the children finally go back to school!). 

As a side note: when my dad would get irritated with us gals, he would say "some animals eat their young". I get it now dad, I get it. Rabbit trail. Rabbit trail. Where was I?

Right. So as a refresher, here is the look I was shooting for. Black trim, cream walls with a lot of natural hues and pops of color. 


And here is where I started. 

Before



After



And this is the sitting room off of the living room. Before it was an undefined and under-used space. 

Before

We ended up converting it into a computer area. 
After



More to come on this. . . now that we are finally out of the house!
{Erin}



18 comments:

  1. oh that black trim is dreamy!!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes!!! Awesome job! I adore the trim in black it makes the biggest difference in the world. beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The white walls are taking some getting used to but I do like the drama of the combo!

      Delete
  4. Love the direction you are taking. Looks great and I agree with Cassie about the black trim.

    (Speaking of reaching the outer limits of pants, my button popped off my ski pants tonight and they were my second/fat pants pair…I'm going to cry)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Julia, I'm with you on the pants! Getting back to the gym has been painful! Thanks so much for your comment! I'm liking the drama of the black!

      Delete
  5. I love the progress! The black trim looks amazing and always good to make use of the space you have to be usable for the the whole family! Can't wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness that it’s all over now. What a relief! Your house looks lovely, btw. But of all the changes, my favorite is your windows. And I have to admit, the color black for the window frame fits better as compared to the white one.

    Arthur @ ContractorExpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is the name of your black trim color? I painted my bathroom builder grade vanity black a few years ago. The black I picked was a bit more of a charcoal black. Unfortunately, the rest of the room has just enough blue to make the vanity look navy, not black or charcoal. I've been thinking about painting the hallway sides of all my doors black, but I'm nervous because I want it to be true black. Curious what color your used so I can add it to my tester pile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get Traditional Original Modern Kilts and Utility Kilts for Men's, Women's and Baby from the utility kilt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aviator RAF Mens Two Tone Style B3 Bomber Leather Jacket
    its really helpfull to find nice article article

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aviator RAF Mens Two Tone Style B3 Bomber Leather Jacket
    it's really helpful for me and nice article

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aviator RAF Mens Two Tone Style B3 Bomber Leather Jacket
    it's really helpful for me and nice article

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...