Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Deck the Walls. . . The in-laws are coming!

In the midst of the paint revolution going on at my house, I stumbled onto two great decor finds this last week. The first is a quick and easy way to add an artistic gallery wall to your home. In July I had a post  about innovative ways to fill wall space, but now that it's November and the holidays are quickly approaching, you may just need a quick gallery solution before the in-laws show up! Artfully Walls sells pre-made, pre-laid out gallery walls. Basically, a gallery in a box! 




Let's face it. There is an art to collage walls and hanging art in an "artistic" way. Artfully Walls does the work for you!

My other wall find is an online wallpaper company called Holden & James. They specialize in designer wallpaper, as well as fabric, pillows and home decor, at a fraction of the suggested retail price. Their pricing structure is wholesale + 25% (with the exception of Madeline Weinrib items). This includes wallpapers like Clarence House Flowering Quince and Kelly Wearstler's Imperial Trellis (two of my favorites). Both of these wallpapers are normally hundreds of dollars per roll. And although the wholesale + price is not inexpensive, it will save you almost half the price. The Flowering Quince is $89/ roll (normally $150+/roll) and the Imperial Trellis is $145/roll (normally $230/roll).


 Clarence House Flowering Quince


Imperial Trellis by Kelly Wearstler for Schumacher

Happy decking!

13 comments:

  1. thank you for the wallpaper source!! So good to know about it. I can't wait to see their selection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this website was truly a find! they have fabric and other items too so be sure to check it out!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like an awesome solution for some people to have a gallery in a box! Totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that info...this is dangerous....i'm going to be wallpapering the entire house before its over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you're saying! I've been looking for a place for both the papers in my post. It has always been so hard to find them without going through a designer!

      Delete
  4. Great find! I love that cherry blossom wallpaper! And the gallery art is a super amazing site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany. I love the eclectic feel of the cherry blossom paper too.

      Delete
  5. LOL, I used Deck the WALLS in my post title today too. Not the same kind of post, but funny! xo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pre-made gallery in a box is great for people who don't know where to begin! And that wallpaper...ummm, to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabbi. The pre-made gallery is great for those who need a quick fix and don't have the time or patience to acquire the art over time!

      Delete
  7. I am going to have to check out both places! Maybe I can finally fufill my obsession for designer wallpaper! And gallery wall in a box...yes please! I don't think I will ever be able to say the phrase "___ in a box" without thinking of SNL & Justin Timberlake. Ha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...